Monday 12 December 2011

Back in the States

It's been three days since I've been back in the States. I miss London very much but I'm not dwelling over it because I just know that one day I will return to the City. 

I feel so overexposed without the tall buildings and overcrowded streets. The following morning upon my arrival, I ran into five familiar faces within a four hour window. Such a small world.

I realize that I haven't posted anything about London in a month. I've been busy having the time of my life. ;) There were lows and many highs about this trip; overall, I'd say it has helped me in many ways. I've met some incredible people, and then on the contrary, I've met some not-so-incredible people...*Cough* ..like my roommate, who drained every ounce of energy from me just by being in her presence. Anyway, I think I will miss the people in the city the most. I miss the men in fitted suits; it's really fun to see what color socks they're wearing...when they sit down, their pants flood, revealing their socks. I miss my favorite baristas at Cafe Nero and the people who work behind the counter at the school cafe lounge, especially "Potato Guy" and "Space Man". This morning I listened to "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) and it reminded me of them. I miss the accents! I keep expecting to hear some British lingo. It's so weird to not hear someone British.  Everything I miss about London will be something to go back to. I would like to complete Grad school there. 

From this trip, I've discovered that I really love to learn. I really love art and I love history. I want to always learn something everyday. I also have kept a journal. Since the beginning of summer, I have been journaling and during my stay in London, I journaled, and I plan on journaling for the rest of my life. 

Would I change something about the trip? Hm. I don't think so. I can't wait to return. : )

1 comment:

  1. Were you studying there? And I know what you mean about the socks hahah. I feel the same way about Paris. They all looks so snazzy...and the tight suits rise up higher in the pant legs when they sit haha. Europe really makes people appreciate the art here in the states and makes you appreciate fashion so much more. It's just a part of who you are.

    ReplyDelete